Saturday, June 26, 2004

I watched Mystic River on Friday night. It was a little difficult to watch at times because there was a 19 year old girl named Katie who was murdered. The father was screaming, "She was only 19!!!" The movie was good, but that part reminded me of my thoughts and words a couple days before that: "She was only 18! and 21!" I was pleading with God to tell me why, but I gave up on that thinking there are just some things you're not meant to know. As I was reading my Bible this morning, however, God answered my question in a comforting way. Isaiah 57:1-2 says, "The righteous pass away; the godly often die before their time. And no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For the godly who die will rest in peace." (NLT) I think that may have been mentioned at the funeral or something, but I guess I wasn't ready to hear it then. Another quote that gave me strength today is, "Stop telling God how big your storm is. Instead, tell your storm how big your GOD is." I'm so excited! I get to see Lauren and Gerald tomorrow night! Well, I'm off to do a couple things before we do stuff for Tara's 25th birthday.

No comments: