Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I love my job! It kinda reminds me of a shower though. I sometimes don't want to go, but once I'm there, it's great! It's good for me too. Being in contact with all those people, being on my feet all day. I had 2 weird encounters yesterday. The first was a lady who had been winning lots the last few days. She came up to me and said she woulld prove to me that she was a psychic. She told me my mom's name and my brother and sister-in-law's names and a couple other things. I wasn't too taken aback however, because I figured she worked where my mom does. I was right. Next was a lady who I thought looked familiar, but I couldn't place her. After I sold her some cards, she said I looked familiar too, then she saw my name tag and said that I used to babysit her kids in the apartments we live in. It was so crazy! It's been like 10 years since I babysat for her. It was good. I was hoping to have this morning off though 'cause I'm still a little sore and tired. Every time the phone rang this morning I was like, "Noooooo!" But it wasn't work. Just before I was about to go out, however, my boss called me and asked me if I could work tonight. I was so happy. I got the day off and I can still work and make money tonight. Tomorrow will be the first payday. I don't think it'll be much, just for Wednesday and Thursday of last week, but it'll be something! So my work streak has continued: every day I've been available I've worked. God is SO good and so good to me.
I had an amazing time at church on Sunday. I'm starting to connect more with my pastor on a personal level. I went to DOXA on Sunday night. The only way i can explain it to FGBIers is to say it is like a Monday night chapel. I always sit up in the balcony, which is closed off to the average attender, but I've got friends in high places. Everyone wasn't hyped up, but I was. I was poured into on Sunday about the greatness of God and I was brought to my knees in worship, but that wasn't enough: when my knees hit the floor, the rest of me followed. I was in complete surrender to God and He was speaking things to me which both terrify and excite me.

No comments: