Tuesday, May 03, 2005

I am so tired of applying for jobs. I don't want to anymore. I just want to wait for the calls to come back. I'm sure I'll still keep looking though. I have an interview at Kelsey's at the airport tomorrow and another one with Diversified Staffing on Thursday. Maybe I'll get one of these jobs and then I won't have to look anymore!

I had quite the (unintentional) tour of Calgary today...I was taking my car in to get it fixed this morning, but I missed one of my turn-offs, which just happened to be the last one for a really long time. I eventually got turned around and took the right exit, but apparently by taking the exit on this side, I had already completed some of the directions I was following. So there I was, driving along, looking for a road to make a left turn onto, when lo and behold I end up in Chinatown! Now this wasn't so bad...it reminded me of Vancouver. And it's not the fancy new part of the city, so I got to see some of the older, cool looking buildings that I like so much. I ended up stopping at this park to look at my map and realized that I wasn't too far away from where I needed to be. So I got it all straightened out and got my car in. Now, what should have taken me about 15 minutes to get there, took me a little over an hour. The guy at the shop gave me 2 transit tickets...one to get home and the other to get back to my car. He showed me where the C-train station was and sent me on my way. I got off the C-train and proceeded to the bus. I wasn't sure if I was... (woah. déjà vu. sorry. anyways)
...supposed to take the 79 or the 80, but thankfully there were some nice people there to help me out. I got home and awaited my phone call. Now, I've been told it's not that bad (the price I had to pay for my car), but when I have no income and have to rely on an already high debt visa, $300 is a lot. However, my car is working SO much better now! And as long as I get a pay check (or a reasonable amount of money God ends up dropping in my lap) by June 8th, I'll be able to make it.

I got to play badminton with Coralee last night. I had so much fun! I haven't played since either early high school or else elementary school, but it's all good 'cause we were just trying to see how long we could rally. The most we got to, however, was 31. That's not that bad, but I think it could have been better if we didn't have the ever changing wind. It was good to be outside though. And Coralee had a period of time at school when we would just goof off playing pingpong and foosball and the piano and what not. We hadn't done anything like that for so long. It was nice. I think I'm getting old though...after diving a few times and getting nice grass stains on my jeans, I didn't have the energy to keep it up. we still played for a while, but I just had no motivation at times.

I want to watch a movie again. I watched First Wives Club last Wednesday and Sound of Music on the weekend, but I wanna see something else. And it's kinda frustrating 'cause I don't enjoy movies as much when I don't have my close friends (or more specifically my close movie-watching friends) with me when I watch them.

I really miss school...everything about it. The people, the assignments, the small town life, the challenges, and the encouragement (though I still get these last 2 via msn, email, previous notes, and God).

Hm...I'm talking with a friend on msn right now. Our conversation has brought to mind the frustration I have with not feeling like I'm being honest with myself...like I don't know myself. I know a lot of people find freedom and themselves when they journal or whatever, but I do not. Or if I do, it might be once a year. But usually this is as in depth as I go. Arg! God, please help me!!! I am always so different than everybody else! I don't want to be the same as everyone else, but I don't want to be as different from them as I often seem to be! Do I? ... I often wonder if I should go for counseling to see if there's something that is stopping me from being honest with myself. But I mean, I've asked God and He hasn't seemed to have thought it important for me, so I don't know.

Anyways...I've gone on long enough. Adiós!

No comments: