Thursday, July 07, 2005

At one point I was in the midst of reading 3 books (Christy, How to be a Canadian, and The Jesus I Never Knew), but I have finished the 1st 2 and still have a decent amount left in the 3rd. And then of course I bought a 3-part series which I will begin soon enough.

I was trying to figure out student loan stuff today and found out that I would be at least $2000 short if I were to take the CERTESL program while doing my internship. I decided to call Danielle to figure things out, and boy how things have changed! First, only 9 credits are needed for eligibility for F/T studies, meaning I only have to take 1 class each semester. Second, I am now registered in History of Christianity in Canada for 1st semester and Art History for the winter mini-semester. It is weird for me to be excited about taking history classes because I used to hate them. But the influence of others, including having Brian as a teacher, over the last 3 years has given me a new perspective on things so that I actually want to learn about all kinds of history.
After making this decision about school (or having it made for me), I feel as though a burden has been lifted off me. I am excited about this school year even more because I believe I will have more time to do what I love to do most: get to know people!

No comments: