Friday, July 29, 2005

Well, if you want an update on what my weekends have looked like this past month, just take a look at Coralou's blog for July 25th. It's all there, summed up nicely but still with good detail!

I got a letter from my mom yesterday. Ya, she didn't even mention the stuff I had written in my last letter. Now I have to (for my own sake) decide if I want to 1)just drop it because I realize a)she doesn't care or b)she doesn't know how to talk about it and 2)tell her what response I was hoping for this time and last time (which was last year when I wrote her a letter). You see, after seeing and hearing about the relationships that some of the women I respect have with their mothers I have wondered why it has not been like that between my mom and I and have taken to writing letters to my mom about personal issues in my life. Unfortunately (in my eyes) this has not even come close to happening.

Do you think things ARE getting worse in our days or do you think that we are just more aware of more things as we get older?

I have been taken back in time too many times this week: I found out 3 of my friends were invloved in 3 different car accidents. Yesterday's accident was really bad. I found out about it when I got to work so I was pretty shaken up all night. Everyone (in all 3 accidents) will be fine. It's just those haunting words of "What if...?" and "If only..."

I got off work at about 3:45am and was home and asleep by 4am. Unfortunately I could only sleep until 9:50am. I don't know why. We will be one person short in the office from today until August 10th (which is when we get someone in to train so they can replace me when I leave). So today I go in at 3pm instead of 4pm, and unless something actually works out today I will still be there until a ridiculous time of night/morning. On the bright side, all of this over-time is helping me pay off my Visa:)

I have more to write, but I think this is long enough for now. But I won't leave without saying: 14 WORK DAYS LEFT!!! 23 DAYS TILL I'M IN ESTON!!!

No comments: