Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Well, now that I actually have some time...
I had an AMAZING weekend! First off, Coralee and I rented Alias Season 1 last Sunday and finished watching the last 3 episodes on Saturday afternoon. Saturday night we picked Gail up near the Stampede, then met some friends at Mount Royal College to watch Shakepeare in the Park. They were performing "Much Ado About Nothing". It was good. It started raining part way through, but it didn't last long. On Sunday we went to Church, came back home, hung out for a while, and took Gail to meet up with Karla, Curtis, Chris, Abi, and Daniel. After visiting with them for a few minutes, Coralee and I went to the Stampede. We found parking for $4 for the night, the went to the RoundUp Centre for a bit...saw part of the Superdog show, had supper, saw a huge house-of-cards, then went to get tickets for rush seating for the Grandstand Show. This was the main reason I wanted to go to the Stampede. I was really looking forward to the chuckwagon races. We got our tickets and were seated an hour before the show started. We had great seats, but soon realized we were not sitting where we were supposed to be. We got up to try to find 2 seats together in the rush-seating areas, but it was a no-go. We were told we could go to the tarmack to stand there for the show, so we started on our way. We decided to sit in a couple seats until the people came with their tickets to sit there...but they never did! It was great! The seats weren't as good as the ones we were originally in, but they were a lot better than the rush-seating seats! I lvoed the chuckwagon races, though I was having troubles focusing because I kept thinking someone was going to come make us move. When the TransAlta Light Up The Night show started, I finally settled down 'cause I figured nobody was coming for these seats. I was blown away by the show! For a while I just found it really entertaining, but after a while it became more than that. I was seeing things through new eyes. Watching the variety of talents on that stage; from the set design and production, to the dancers, gymnasts, martial artists, singers, and so much more, to the fireworks display...all of this beautiful creativeness, with the God-created earth and sky all around...it brought tears to my eyes...tears of joy and hope. I was once again in awe of my King. I could not stop worhiping Him and praising Him for the rest of the show and afterwards. My God, Who created the earth and everything in it, the world and all who live in it. He is the Creator! Every ounce of creativeness in every person comes from God! Being amazed by the abilities of all of these people drew me to be overwhelmed by the abilities of my God!

No comments: