Friday, August 08, 2003

After being hurried along from one job to another it is nice to have some time to myself. Though Imay not be a fan of the job I just got, I know that God provided it for me and for that I am thankful. I started on the 5th and my last scheduled day is the 23rd. In between, I have 3 days off...2 Sundays (because I told my boss I wouldn't work on Sundays) and 1 Friday. Seeing that schedule helps me see even more how soon I will be leaving. I am enjoying spending time with my friends here. There's just something about those you've been friends with for years that you can't get anywhere else. I am also waiting for the day when I return to school, seeing those from last year, especially those few close friends who impacted my life like no others. I amespecially looking forward to seeing new faces. I remember when I first got to FGBI. I was the first student there, besides student leadership. I had no clue how things worked and I wasn't comfortable just going up and talking to people. It was nice to get my room all set up and help people move into their rooms when they arrived. Oh! And waiting and waiting and waiting for my roommate to arrive. I was very excited to meet her, but it was along wait. Like I said, I was one of the first to arrive...and she was one of the last. I had a great year, but I know this year will be even better. I know in my spirit that God is going to do so much at FGBI this year and others I have talked to have said the same. 17 days, so much left to do!

No comments: