Thursday, August 07, 2003

I'm back from Nanaimo. I had a great time visiting with friends. Even though I didn't know what to expect when I went there, I know that it wasn't how things turned out. It was so fun though, every day I was there. I've now worked 2 days at my new job. The thing helping me get through it is knowing that there's only a possible 15 days left that I can work. Something that was brought to my attention again this weekend is that no matter what job I am doing, I am not doing it for the money, or the experience, but I am doing it for God. No matter what I am doing, I need to see it as an act of worship of God. I had 6 hours at work today, basically by myself. During those 6 hours, I was trying to fix my thoughts on God, trying to listen to Him, but my mind kept being drawn to the task at hand. I was also reminded this weekend that thinking about God and the things of God is a discipline. I need to train to do this. For someone who didn't realize the value and importance of thinking until they were 23, this will be a hard thing to do, but I know it can be done. Please pray for me. ... Ah, I don't know what to do. I'm so confused about so many things...I don't even know where to begin. I can't make sense of everything in my mind right now, but I feel as though I need to keep typing until I find out. ... Maybe not...I just gotta go spend time with God. Goodnight.

No comments: