Friday, August 22, 2003

After visiting with my grandma today, and cleaning my dad's headstone, my mom and I went to our cousin's place to visit. While there, she was discussing with us some of the many words the Lord has spoken to her. The whole time, I was sitting there desiring to have God speak to me in ways He has spoken to her. I told her I had been thinking that. Before I left, she told me she wanted to pray for me. She got her anointing oil, then prayed for me, including that God would open my ears to hear Him. Today as I was driving to work, I got convicted again about obeying God. I constantly ask Him to show me things or to tell me what He wants me to do. As I was asking Him today, He reminded me, again, that He HAS told me what He wants me to do, but I don't do it. He tells me in the Bible. My instructions are written write out, yet I cannot seem to follow them. The Word says those who are faithful with the small things will be given much. If I cannot even do the things that He has written out for me (like obeying the law of speeding: going any speed above the posted limit even if it's only 1km), how can I expect Him to give me anything more? This does not seem to be taken to the extreme with most people, that I'm aware of, but this is how God has chosen to work in and through me. Obeying the Ten Commandments, not worrying, trusting Him, loving my neighbor/my enemy...so many more instructions, some I know, some I have yet to discover. It will be a long, hard process being consistantly faithful in these areas...a process I may never complete until I am in Heaven, but one which I must strive for nonetheless. I love my God, and I desire to serve Him and worship Him in all that I do. I must press on no matter what, and if I get a word/vision from the Lord, I will know that it is not because of anything I have DONE, but it is because He has decided to give me this blessing.

No comments: