Sunday, September 07, 2003

I've been forcing myself to hang out with people in the lounge and in the dorm. I think it's been going well so far. It is so awesome to see how people act around each other this year. Already I see a change from last year. I am definitely getting the whole sense of brotherly-sisterly love (ie. playfights/arguments). those probably aren't the right examples to give, but I don't know what else to call it. Until yesterday I was noticing that any time I said anything, people weren't paying attention at all. If we were sitting in a group and other people were talking, it was like everybody's attention was on them, but as soon as it was my turn to speak, everybody was just off doing their own thing. Yesterday, for the couple of times that i did say something, people actually seemd to listen. It was nice. I think it was just a mind game. More lies being spoken to me before. Now that I am trying to daily give my life over to God and now that I have told Him that I want Him to have control over my tongue, I am getting a new perspective on how people see me and I am enjoying it. If it wasn't a mind game, the other thing it could be is that because I was sincere in asking God to have control over my tongue, He has changed me in a way that people have noticed. I actually think it might be both of these.
We had our annual "Outting to the Hills" yesterday. I had so much fun getting to know more people, going through the different activities, oh, and the river was amazing! It was surprisingly muggy out yesterday, so to be able to dive into that river was a huge blessing. Especially being after all of the events. It was a great time of worship and testimonies around a fire afterwards. A few people who shared last year shared lst night as well. Seeing the difference in their lives in just one year was so exciting!

No comments: