Tuesday, September 02, 2003

This is from Monday:
Let the stretching begin! The intro week has just begun and I have already been asked to step out of my comfort zone. Thursday is the big day where I get to get up in front of my peers and tell them about my WAT trip this past summer. I do not like having people's attention on me, but I am going to do this because I want to be available to God in any way He asks. I've talked to my family and friends about this trip. I've even gotten up in front of my church and told them, but there is something about talking in front of many people who are closer to my age. This is another area of fear in my life, possibly related to that previously mentioned. I make myself go through these things, however, because I know that God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. My hope is that if I continually accept these challenges in my life, I will be able to claim the victory that Christ has already won over my fears and have one less hindrance in my walk with Christ. I know also that even if I am never comfortable being in the spotlight, I can count it a blessing, knowing that it is part of my being crucified with Christ.

No comments: