Thursday, September 04, 2003

This is from earlier today:
Talk is cheap. I did the whole WAT presentation thing today, which, whatever, but we had an “activity” today in the lounge involving a lot of improv stuff. Like I said before, I having people's attention on me, so I kept to myself as much as possible and chose not to actively participate in the activities. Now, only a few days after my last post, I am already going against the convictions that I have in my heart. I will now make excuses for myself, which are just that, excuses. I am not an overly creative individual. I have a hard enough time thinking of things to say normally, when I have time to think, let alone when I am put on the spot. I believe these activities that go on are meant to be entertaining, so because I believe that I do not have the ability to entertain people on my own, I leave these activities to those who are more able to do so. I believe these excuses with everything in me, and that is why I am having such a hard time getting out in front of people. I am often bored and lonely, no matter where I am, and I know that my life is a lot of what I make of it and that no one else can do anything to change any of this. I know that it is an area that I have to let God have, but I seem to keep holding on to it.

In regards to the “friends as idols” post, that seems to have been worked through. I am finding that the more time (real time) I spend with God, the more I see Him as the only one in true glory. It is not that I am liking my friends any less, it's just that I am more able to see them through the eyes of God.

No comments: